Digital asset management (DAM) is effective management and distribution of digital assets such as images, documents, video, creative files, audio etc. It consists of management tasks and decisions surrounding the ingestion, annotation, cataloging, storage, retrieval and distribution of digital media files and digital assets.
Your content is your most valuable asset
To be able to meet your target group’s demands and deliver compelling customer experiences to stand out in the competitive market place, an explosion in rich media content is arising. This is both a threat and an opportunity for companies who need to create higher volumes of content to engage target groups across more channels. The competition for strong branding and engagement over multiple channels including social media, websites and mobile is pushing communicators to continuously drive new and fresh content to deliver to the right users, on the right channels in numerous formats, at the right time. Previously, marketing departments owned the content creation process. Now, content is coming from multiple departments within the organization.
Manage the complete lifecycle of digital assets
A digital asset management solution is a digital engine for your company that enables you to execute your digital strategy from a centralized source. The right digital asset management system and processes manage the complete lifecycle, including content creation, management, distribution, archiving and repurposing. Digital asset management is the only way to manage the lifecycle of digital assets to prevent costly errors of distributing the wrong content.
Unlike Google Drive and Dropbox, a DAM system is an intelligent tool that automates and optimizes processes from a central repository and connects with multiple distribution channels, giving your organization full control of important digital assets such as logos, brochures, videos, presentations, documents and much more. DAM makes it easy to execute a beneficial multi-channel strategy with a very short time-to-market. By utilizing DAM correctly across the entire organization, your company will save valuable time and money.
The most compelling reasons to implement DAM:
- 92% of top performing companies say they experience advantages of workflow optimization by using DAM
- 90% of top performing companies value a centralized access to their files
- 72% of top performing companies consider reuse of their digital content as a valuable resource
Users of Digital Asset Management get value in:
- Fast search of any digital asset in seconds
- Easy sharing of assets from one source to multiple channels
- Automated workflows replace manual work
- Faster time-to-market
- Improved digital collaboration internally and externally
- Strong brand control and compliance
- User defined access to assets for all users
- Optimal security within the organization
Interested in exploring DAM?
We'll show you how you can transform content into value.